After a year of thinking and building, coding and tweaking, I’m thrilled to show you our online remodel of www.itvs.org.
If you’re new to ITVS, what you’ll find on our new site is the full sweep of the work we do: the award-winning documentaries and new media we present on television and online; the many ways we help viewers, communities, and educators access social issue programming to connect with one another; the funding and services we provide to empower independent producers to create programming that serves the public interest.
For those of you who know ITVS, you’ll see that our redesign reflects the impact of the changing media landscape — a world that is more digital, more global, more user-centered, more networked, and more impact-oriented than before. Here’s what’s new and what it means for you:
- More, better, and more accessible video: A new section contains a wealth of high-quality formatted and embeddable video, including film trailers, clips, and other interviews and behind-the-scenes content.
- New media showcase: Experience ITVS’s interactive games, websites, and other new media features.
- 21st century catalog: Search, sort, and browse our nearly 800 programs by topic, region, zip-code-based broadcast listings, online availability, or nearby theatrical screenings.
- Film profiles: Find detailed synopses, filmmaker bios, viewer comments, and up-to-the-minute viewing info along with press kits, reviews, and awards, and film-specific engagement resources.
- New tools for social media, community engagement, and educators: Integrated social media tools, expanded Community Cinema and Community Classroom sections, and specialty engagement resources, video modules, and lesson plans make it easier for audiences, filmmakers, and communities to connect and engage.
- Filmmaker resources and support: Find the optimal initiative for a project, apply online, and access special reports about the media landscape.
- And more: Learn about series such as Independent Lens and international initiatives like the Global Perspectives Project.
Whether you’re a viewer, producer, educator, or partner, we’ve built this site to give you more access, more control, more information, and more input. We hope you’ll use it, enjoy it, participate, and help us make it better in the weeks to come.
Sally Jo Fifer
President and CEO